(888) 785-5888
(213) 632-3900
HomeProfilesTestimonialsContact Us
Deportation or Removal Defense Asylum Based Immigration Family-Based Immigration Employment-Based Immigration Naturalization and Citizenship

Applying for Non-Immigrant Visas

Los Angeles Visa Attorney

Not everyone who comes to the Law Offices of David M. Haghighi, APC is hoping to immigrate permanently to the United States. The Los Angeles immigration attorneys at the firm also assist clients with the process of applying for non-immigrants visas for the purposes of temporary travel to this country. U.S. immigration law provides for dozens of different types of visitor visas, each one of which is intended for a unique purpose based on the reasons for the visa holder's travel to Los Angeles or elsewhere in this country.

Depending on the type of visa you need, you may be able to apply on your own, or you may need the assistance of your prospective employer or another party. For example, the H-2B visa for temporary non-agricultural workers can only be applied for after the prospective employer has obtained labor certification, which can only be received after demonstrating that the hiring of foreign nationals will not deprive local workers of jobs or depress their wages. Further, the employer must secure approval of a sponsoring petition on behalf of the worker. Once these things have been completed, the foreign national may then apply for the visa at the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or, in some cases, can apply at the port of entry.

Visitor Visas for Non-Immigrants

For other types of visa, it is not necessary to have a sponsor or labor certification. One of the most common categories is the B visa, which includes the B-1 visa for business travelers and the B-2 visa for tourism and visitors. If the individual lives in one of the many countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program, and is only planning a stay of 90 days or less, it may not even be necessary to obtain a visa. In other cases, however, a visa is required. The firm's attorneys assist both employers and foreign nationals with the entire application process, and they invite you to contact them now for a free consultation to learn more.

Law Offices of David M. Haghighi, APC
Located at 3435 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90010 View Map
Phone: (888) 785-5888 | Local Phone: (213) 632-3900